Job no: 525473
Work type: Internship
Categories: Gender Equality, Monitoring and Evaluation, Emergency Programme, Human Resources
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Advertised: 05 Aug 2019 GTB Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Aug 2019 11:55 PM GTB Daylight Time
To be considered for an internship with UNICEF, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate or graduate school, or be a recent graduate
- have strong academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records or, if not available, a reference letter from an academic supervisor;
- have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and
- have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to
VI. Required Skills and Experience
- be enrolled in or graduate from development studies, public administration, statistics, gender studies, political science, international law, human rights law or a related field,
- Strong interest in Human Rights, especially Child Rights, Women’s Rights and Gender Studies and Disaster Management,
- Knowledge and understanding of human rights mechanisms and of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and CEDAW,
- understanding of research methods and processes, and data analysis is desirable;
- Prior experience in the work environment of an international agency, NGOs, UN, or international institutions would be desirable,
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office products),
- Fluency in spoken and written English and knowledge of Turkish is an asset.
- Self-starter, with ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Analytical and conceptual thinking,
- Attention to details,
- Able to work in a multicultural setting,
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online by completing the profile and submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter, please also state your availability (please see under the Conditions of Service)
- P11 form (The P11 can be downloaded from here: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc) (duly completed online profile can replace the P11 form
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via e-mail.