The UN Youth Climate Summit is a platform for young leaders who are driving climate action to showcase their solutions at the United Nations, and to engage with decision-makers on the issue.
This year, it will take place on 21 September at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, as part of a weekend of events leading up to the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Action Summit on 23 September.
It will feature a full day of programming that brings together young activists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and change-makers.
Who can apply
- young people between 18 and 29 years old;
- committed to addressing the climate crisis and displayed leadership in advancing solutions;
- young leaders in the Global South (countries seen as low and middle income in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean by the World Bank).
How to apply
- use the online form
- climate leaders under the age of 18 have the opportunity to attend through a nomination process: organisations interested in nominating such young leaders should email Yassamin Ansari for additional information
- there will be an option to participate virtually as well.
Deadline to apply: 19 July 2019.