General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Food Security, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to the affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
Orange Organization aims to enhance the Employability of the displacement-affected persons is strengthened through skills training and linkages to employment opportunities. In partnership with the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and through four training and business development centers in Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Şanlıurfa, and Kilis; Orange provides counseling, coaching, as well as short- and long-term training opportunities. In addition, Orange conducts market mapping activities to explore available job opportunities and secure job linkage for the targeted beneficiaries. All these activities are being implemented under the Turkey livelihoods project named “Bridges”.
The Training Assistant will work hand in hand with the Trainer of each training preparing all needed material, training room, making necessary steps in order to participate in the success of the training covering all aspects that may affect the quality of the training, handling all the paperwork and the archiving part of the training.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- The training assistant undertakes to follow the training and attendance papers
- Upload and send all training papers to the supervisor
- Prepare the training hall, and make sure it is clean and contains all training supplies
- Help the trainer in all training works.
- Organizing digital and paper files as well as copying and scanning documents.
- The training assistant undertakes to keep the training materials from loss, theft, negligence, and inappropriate use for personal or non-training purposes.
- The training assistant undertakes to provide advice to improve the quality of training and the service provided.
- The training assistant undertakes to disclose any problem that occurs during training.
- Coordinate with M&E to keep all needed data in place
- Monitor and suggest any approaches that may develop the training results, outcomes, and evaluation.
- Business Administration, Finance, Economy, or relevant field of study.
- Experience working in training coordination.
- Experience in NGOs is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills including MS office.
- Good English language skills (spoken, written, and reading)
- Turkish is a strong asset.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Understand the humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Turkish Nationality is required.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child safeguarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor, or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. Orange reserves the right to change this document.