Roma Education Fund Scholarships Program (REF/SP) announces its yearly Roma International Scholar Programme (RISP). The scholarship is merit-based and awarded for one academic year with possibility for renewal if the scholar continues to fulfill the Program requirements.
The Programme is designed to provide partial support to Roma students who are pursuing Bachelor, Master, Doctorate, or Postdoctoral education outside their home country or country of residence.
The aim of the scholarship is to promote academic mobility of Roma students and support their academic integration internationally.
-be openly Roma, willing to appear publicly as Roma;
– be citizens of one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey and Ukraine;
– have been or will be accepted at a state-accredited university in the country other than his/her home country as full-time students in the 2019-2020 academic year;
– pursue their studies for obtaining a Master, Doctorate or Postdoctoral education outside their home country or country of residence.
In order to be considered for a grant, applicants need to fulfil all eligibility criteria listed here.
Find out more here.
The Roma Education Fund’s Scholarship Program (REF SP) does not guarantee that the scholarship amount will cover partial or full tuition for a selected beneficiary.
The grant amount can go up to maximum 9,050 EUR /per annum.
– first stage application: 25th July 2019.
– second stage application: Autumn 2019.