Job Title: Grants and Reporting Officer
Maya Vakfı is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Grants and Reporting Officer for HQ in Istanbul
Duration: 12 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Child Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
The Grants and Reporting Officer will be an integral member of the Grants Unit at Maya Vakfi. Working with the Grants and Communications Coordinator under the supervision of the Program Director, the grants unit serves as the facilitator for grants management processes in country and ensures compliance with donor requirements at all stages of the project lifecycle. The Grants Unit’s responsibilities include, but not limited to, ensuring timely and quality reporting, facilitating grant opening and closeout processes, advising on donor rules and regulations, maintaining grants related information and files, coordinating proposal development processes and developing internal and external communication materials. Reporting to the Grants and Communications Coordinator, the Grants and Reporting Officer will provide the following support described below.
- Under the guidance of the Program director, technical teams and M&E department, help in proposal development and grant modification processes, including conducting desk review, taking a leading role in the writing process, preparing budget narratives and other essential documents in the proposal development process.
- Responsible for the write-up of project concepts notes, proposals and the collection of all project proposal annexes in coordination with relevant departments
- Take a leading role in producing high quality partner and donor narrative reports in a timely manner, which entails maintaining and tracking reporting deadlines and coordinating inputs from relevant departments
- In coordination with the program and M&E departments, ensure that data reported to donors is accurate and up-to-date
- Coordinate Maya Vakfi responses to any questions or queries received from donors and partners that have been submitted
- Assist the Grants and Communications Coordinator and Program Director in the organization of program Grant kick-off meetings, closing and monthly program meetings
- Provide day to day administrative support to the Grants unit and perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Undergraduate degree is Social Sciences, development studies, business degree or related field. Graduate degree is highly desirable
- At least 2 years of experience in the NGO sector
- Fluent writing skills in English and ability to proof read and edit documents to produce high-quality project documents
- Understanding of donor reporting, grants management, and program development processes is highly desirable
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and ability to work well in a team across different departments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under tight deadlines / ability to work under pressure
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter to provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by September 16th,