Under oversight of the Field Coordinator, the Field Officer(s) will be based in one of the 3 TRC ESSN regional offices (in Gaziantep, Istanbul or Ankara) to provide support to programme and field-level technical activities under the ESSN III program. S/he will be contributing to field level planning, coordination, capacity support and monitoring, whilst working closely with TRC field teams with the aim of assuring timely implementation of activities to meet operational objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to planning field activities under the guidance of the Field Coordinator and in close coordination with TRC field teams
- Be aware of TRC and SASF (Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations) capacity and report needs for mobilizing additional human and logistical resources.
- Arrange field level visits of management; including coordinating with TRC on preparing Joint Monitoring Missions (JMM) and other ad-hoc IFRC leadership mission.
- Actively support to the development of TRC field level planning processes
- Under leadership of the Field Coordinator, actively contribute to IFRC field level planning and assure TRC Field Office is aware of events and actions relevant to the technical capacity development
- Work with TRC outreach, monitoring-evaluation field teams to prepare and implement regular visits to institutions within the region (on average for 2 to 4 days each week)
National Society capacity Support
- Identify and communicate to Field Coordinator the field level TRC capacity support needs.
Coordination, cooperation, networking and partnership
- Maintain a good working relationship with TRC field and SASF offices; including making available relevant information for SASFs, PDMM (Provincial Directorate of Migration Management) and Nüfus in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in regional coordination and support field level coordination for planning monitoring and oversight activities
- Support relationship development between IFRC, TRC and SASFs, though supporting the Field Coordinators to foster trust and identify capacity support needs.
- Liaise with local public authorities, together with TRC.
- Liaise with UN agencies, and international and non-governmental operating agencies.
- Identify sensitive issues relating to implementation of the program, outreach, SASF allowance, protection and ensure immediate communication to IFRC management through the appropriate management line.
Programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Produce weekly field reports and updates.
- Providing adequate oversight to assure field level organizational accountability
- Join TRC on field monitoring and provide oversight of field level activities to assure adequate quality of field level activities
- Coordinate with TRC at field level for the capacity and vulnerability assessments and work with all relevant actors to assure adequate skills, knowledge and capacity to fulfill high level of data collection
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualification
- Basic RCRCM Training Courses or humanitarian response training or equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in relief operations
- Minimum of 1 year work experience with an International Organisation, international non-governmental organization, NGO and/or government development agency
- Field experience in the humanitarian field
- Practical experience in monitoring and assessments (including FGDs, HH surveys and interviews)
- Knowledge and understanding in the use of participatory tools in community planning approaches
- Ability to write reports
- Experience liaising with government actors and general field coordination
- Experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Substantial experience in community led processes
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in cash transfer programming and/or social safety nets
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Political and cultural sensitivity
- Effective team and project management skills
- Good mentoring and capacity development skills
- Good stress management skills
- Good analytical skills and solution focused person
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Demonstrated accountability
- Knowledge of the region and Turkey
- Ability to travel within the region for 2 to 4 days each week for field visits.
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
- Good command of another IFRC official language: Arabic
- Good command of languages spoken by the refugees in Turkey (Farsi, Kurdish, Pesto… etc.)
Competencies and values
- Collaboration and team work
- Judgement and decision making
- National society and customer relations
- Creativity and innovation
- Building trust
- Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Empowering others
This is an anticipatory recruitment for our current and future needs for Field Officer positions with IFRC in Turkey.
Should you be selected for any of the locations based out of Ankara, Istanbul or Gaziantep you will be expected to travel 30% to 50% of your time.
Istanbul: frequent travel to Izmir/ Aegean region (2 to 4 days a week)
Ankara: frequent travel to Erzurum/Samsun
Gaziantep: frequent travel to Van
To be considered for this position, candidates must be entitled to legally work in Turkey.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.