Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
It provides a chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country and working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week.
To apply you need to:
- be a citizen of EU country, EU candidate country, potential candidate country or ENI country
- be from 18 to 30 years old
- study journalism or be a recent journalism graduate (up to 2 years since graduation) with less than 2 years of journalism experience
- the programme takes place in Brussels, Belgium
- 6 October – trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- 7-10 October – coverage of the EU Regions’ Week
- 11 October – visits of EU institutions and EU affairs media headquarters
- the Commission covers travel and accommodation, most meals are also provided during the programme in October
How to apply:
- fill in the online form
- send a short article (400-1000 words) or a short video reportage (2 – 3 minutes) depicting a project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (including Interreg) or Cohesion Fund.
Deadline to apply 15th July 2019, 17:00 CET.
Selection results will be available on 9 August.
Read more here.