Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
It provides a chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country and working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week.
Furthermore, selected participants qualify for the Megalizzi-Niedzielski prize for aspiring journalists.
To apply you need to:
- be a citizen of EU country, EU candidate country, potential candidate country or ENI country and EFTA country.
- be from 18 to 30 years old
- demonstrate a real interest in journalism through studies and/or work experience or be a recent journalism graduate (up to 2 years since graduation) with with up to 2 years of journalism experience.
- the programme takes place in Brussels, Belgium. Selected candidates should come to Brussels from 11 to 16 October.
- trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- 12-15 October, working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- visits of EU institutions and EU affairs media headquarters
- unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States
- accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission. Most meals are also provided during the programme in October.
How to apply:
- fill in the online form
- send a short article (2500 to 6250 words) or a short video reportage (2 – 3 minutes) depicting a project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (including Interreg) or Cohesion Fund. The theme is up to you to choose.
Deadline to apply 13th July 2020, 17:00 CET.
Selection results will be available on 10 August.