Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Assistant Project Coordinator on a full-time contract to support the Technical Assistance for Renewable Youth Energy Operation Project in Balıkesir.
GIZ International Services’ Technical Assistance for Renewable Youth Energy Operation Project: The objective of the contract is to support renewable energy fields for wind, photovoltaic and biogas in TR22 South Marmara Region (Çanakkale and Balıkesir provinces) through preparation of training modules, delivering trainings, improving institutional capacity of two universities, raising awareness on renewable energy, drafting market analysis report and establishing coordination and cooperation mechanism among relevant actors of the sector.
The Assistant Project Coordinator’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Assistant Project Coordinator is responsible for
- assisting the Project Manager, the Team Leader and the Key Expert 2 in project management, following up and monitoring resource utilization
- acting as a focal point for all correspondence with and other forms of inquiries from third parties
- maintaining regular communication with the Operation Beneficiary, Contracting Authority and other parties of the project implementation
- attending regular and ad hoc meetings with the Operation Beneficiary, Contracting Authority, Consortium Partners, Project Experts and Project Staff, prepare meeting minutes
- drafting and further contribute to project documents, regular and ad hoc reports, presentations, training materials, project website and e-newsletters, etc.
- supporting the TL and the Key Expert 2 in expert mobilisation, preparation of expert ToRs, collecting CVs and submission of documents in close coordination with the Office Manager
- preparing and delivering (upon request) presentations for technical and administrative progress review meetings
- working in close cooperation with the NKEs’ for planning, execution and reporting of project activities
- supporting organization of project events such as conferences, workshops, etc.
- ensuring delivery of high-quality results in close cooperation with the TL and the Key Expert 2.
- establishing a pool of experts for future mobilization
- translation of project documents; interpretation for project experts during meetings
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- university degree in administration or other relevant fields
- at least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- previous professional experience in a comparable position (project management or any related position) in EU funded TA projects is an asset
- Previous experiences in the RE-Sector is an asset
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
- good management, time management and organisational skills
- ability to work proactively and independently
- high abilities to work team-oriented, ambitious and dedicated project-oriented
- ability to work to tight deadlines
- native Turkish, excellent English, knowledge of German as an asset
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org, (max.3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Assistant Project Coordinator REYOU). Deadline for receiving applications is 10th of March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.