- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Ankara
- Position Title:
- Audio Visual Technician
- Open Period:
- 01/19/2021 – 02/03/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0635 7
- USD $16,108
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4-6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Basic Function of Position: Incumbent serves as the main authority in the specialized areas of multimedia technology for US Embassy, Ankara. The incumbent will be responsible for keeping Embassy hardware at the forefront of digital video and audio conferencing technology-establishing and implementing operational instructions, analyzing and evaluating existing systems, assessing future needs, identifying opportunities for advancement, making recommendations, and resolving a myriad of technical problems. The incumbent will set up, operate and maintain equipment used to support multimedia events (Digital Video Conferences (DVCs), audio sound systems, microphones and other multimedia equipment to include, but not be limited to, cameras, video recorders, projectors, Smart Boards, lighting, wireless microphones and sound mixing equipment.
Incumbent is responsible for overseeing the installation of equipment and training of personnel in its use. He/she is also responsible for all connections of the multimedia equipment to unclassified Internet protocol (IP) based networks. Other responsibilities include administering and monitoring the internet TV multicast system as well as official cable/satellite TV systems, satellite installations, Wi-Fi and digital signage displays. The individual will also be responsible for coordination and design of a multimedia print shop for bulk production of Mission printed materials, flyers and graphic services.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working in either a broadcasting production environment or business environment managing computer technology with an emphasis on audio and video systems.
- Knowledge administering digital video conferencing systems and related hardware, such as, but not limited to: Cisco, Polycom, Motorola, JBL, Bose, Creston Controllers, Extron.
- Knowledge supporting event production and setup for audio-visual equipment.
- Knowledge of telephone standards and telecommunications technology
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service support in a corporate environment
- Ability to multi-task and be adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well and independently as a member of a diverse team
- Ability to accurately measure distance, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to climb, operate and/or work on an extension ladder
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of the equipment
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in confined spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to operate computer or test equipment associated with the position
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs in addition to an extension ladder)
- Ability to use hand tools in the manner for which they were intended including electric drills, hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers
- Ability to safely walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment including ladders and fuller loaded tool belts
- Ability to work while standing 50% to 70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wire to make cable connections
- Knowledge of photo editing and/or web design experience a plus (media, design, Photoshop, photo editing, web design)
- Experience in technical system troubleshooting and problem solving
- Demonstrate experience in total lifecycle management of IT systems and services to include: strategy, design, testing, fielding, operations, and disposal.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in MS Office (specifically Visio, Excel and Project)
- Strong organization skills and multitasking abilities
- Manual dexterity, technical acumen and a good eye and eat for sound and image quality.
- Minimum completion of two years of college classes.
- LANGUAGE: English language Level IV (Fluent) in Speaking/Reading/Writing and Turkish language Level III (Good working knowledge) in Speaking/Reading/Writing are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must hold a valid Driver’s license. Must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully install any required cabling and configure audio sound equipment, microphones, amplifiers and other hardware, for successful usage of audio-visual systems. Must have valid, current driver’s license for the class of vehicle(s) assigned or authorized to drive. Must have had driver’s license for a minimum of five years. Must be available to work on evenings, weekends, early mornings, U.S. and Turkish holidays, as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Ankara, Turkey may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- EFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Copy of ID (mandatory document)
- Copy of Diploma (mandatory document)
- Degree with transcript
- Turkish Military Discharge Document (for male applicants): Completion of compulsory military service is required. (mandatory document)
- Driver’s License (mandatory document)
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Ankara, Turkey.